[Dovecot] Testing process?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 17:19:07 EEST 2012

> > describe what you mean "install is correct"
> > as there are unnumbered ways to setup dovecot
> >
> > usally you found your errors in the logs, for testing use verbose logging
> >
> > so first plan "what setup" you want to goal, reading dovecot sites ,
> > faqs, examples, archives
> >
> > anyway perhaps use some virt. machine for testing multiple stuff
> > --
> > Best Regards
> > MfG Robert Schetterer

Robert, et al, thank you for reminding me that I need to share what I'm
thinking! I've been bouncing it around in my own head but didn't really
write enough to communicate.

There are a lot of things i need to learn about Dovecot, so first is how to
send something to it and then see where it's logged or what actions are
taken. My work uses Dovecot and I need to be able to use, test, and
understand it.

So maybe the first question is, is there a test framework for Dovecot
itself or is it better to set up with postfix or something and just route
mail through it?

Thanks!

Leam

--