[Dovecot] Disable security for testing?

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Mon Sep 3 01:31:11 EEST 2012

On Mon, September 3, 2012 7:22 am, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Den 2012-08-24 07:18, Voytek Eymont skrev:
>
>> I want to offer 'plain' unsecure pop/imap access, just for temp.
>> testing purpose, do I simply comment out ssl = required
>
> plain is not related to ssl enabled, here i have disabled pop3 imap, so
> now here i only supports ssl / tls connections
>
> better set listen to localhost or another rfc1918 ip

Benny,

thanks, I think I'm using incorrect terminology, I'm sorry, basically, I
wanted to temporarily remove the Dovecot default requirement for pop and
imap access to be secure/encrypted (I have some mail clients from 'old'
server attempting to access email on new server, and failing due to
only-encrypted access on new server)

and, yes, by commenting out " ssl = required" it allowed the 'not properly
configured for new server' client to access

--
Voytek