[Dovecot] [Postfix] SASL Auth. using Dovecot with password forwarding proxy configuration

Adi Pircalabu adi at ddns.com.au
Mon Sep 3 04:55:20 EEST 2012

On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 01:55:21 +0200
Benny Pedersen <me at junc.org> wrote:

> Den 2012-09-03 01:47, Timo Sirainen skrev:
>
> > Maybe use IMAP authentication as the backend? pam_imap at least can
> > do that. Or you can already also use Dovecot v2.1's passdb imap to
> > do this, pretty much equivalent to pam_imap.

I had a look at pam_imap and had to fix the spec file to get it built
for CentOS 6 64bit. For the record, I had to add the following in the
%build section:
export CFLAGS="%{optflags} -fPIC"
export CXXFLAGS="%{optflags} -fPIC"
However:

> drop pam, and use saslauthd with remote imap, or setup cyrus sasl
> with sql/ldap/whatever one needs

Yep, saslauthd with rimap appears to be exactly what I need.

> just in case one more ask why i did not use dovecot :)

The password forwarding feature is one of the reasons I started looking
into Dovecot.

Thanks to you both for your help.

--
Adi Pircalabu, System Administrator