[Dovecot] Mailbox aliases

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Sep 3 10:02:13 EEST 2012

On 09/02/2012 05:32 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> mailbox Sent {
>   auto = create
>   special_use = \Sent
> }
> mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>   special_use = \Sent
>   alias_for = Sent
> }
> Thoughts?

Yes. It should solve some problems, but I think that only wide-use of
SPECIAL-USE is a solution for this. Also.... I don't use current version
of dovecot, but from reading this list I remember that SPECIAL-USE
implementation in dovecot is read-only. What I'd like to see is
possibility to set special-use flags by the client - no server
configuration required. It means, when user connects to his mailbox for
the first time and special folders doesn't exist, the client (supporting
SPECIAL-USE) can create folders according to its configuration and set
their special-use flags. Or at any time when it find that special folder
doesn't exist.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak