[Dovecot] thunderbird not connecting

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 08:59:47 EEST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Thunderbird is not the best of clients out there.
It's ok but not the best.

I am using TB on my sites and found out that it has many issues.
Can you be a bit more specific ?
Are you trying to connect to Secure IMAP ? (993) on dovecot ?

In that case, as far as I remember you have to "fool" Thunderbird
during the mail account set up process.

It's a bit crazy, I know but it's true. I have documented everything.
Let me know where the hickup is and I'll try to get the docs and
let you know how to work around this.

HTH,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis