[Dovecot] finding messages deleted before timespec

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Tue Sep 4 18:40:17 EEST 2012

Dennis Guhl <dg at dguhl.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 01:31:18PM +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Hi!

>> I want to use this to expunge all DELETED messages which have been in
>> that state for 24h or longer.

> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Expunge

Yes, I know about doveadm expunge.

I am searching for a search_query which only matches messages with the
flag \Deleted whose flag has been set 24h or longer ago.

Doing something like

  doveadm expunge -A mailbox \* DELETED

is not the solution, since it will expunge all deleted mails without
looking at the time when they have been deleted.

Using savedbefore does not work either, since a message may have been
saved 2 years ago but only recently deleted.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.