[Dovecot] Outlook 2013 imap specialuse RFC6154 XLIST

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Sep 5 10:28:53 EEST 2012

Am 05.09.2012 08:45, schrieb Duane Hill:
> On Wednesday, September 05, 2012 at 06:14:10 UTC, p at state-of-mind.de confabulated:
>
>> * Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org>:

>>> just for info, by small testing
>>> Outlook 2013 preview imap specialuse is working with dovecot
>>> at minimum for Trash and Sent
>>>
>>> i have set this
>>>
>>> mailbox Sent {
>>>     special_use = \Sent
>>>     auto=subscribe
>>>  }
>>>   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>>>     special_use = \Sent
>>>   }
>
>> Why did you set the \Sent folder twice? Setting it once should suffice.
>
> FYI: Default config shows it listed twice in:
>
>   conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf
>   # For \Sent mailboxes there are two widely used names. We'll mark both of
>   # them as \Sent. User typically deletes one of them if duplicates are created.
>   mailbox Sent {
>     special_use = \Sent
>   }
>   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>     special_use = \Sent
>   }

"Sent Messages" was/is used in some clients for Sent, guess its also in
the example, looks like the new client versions with xlist etc changed
this sometimes,too ( going directly Sent , but i didnt investigated
hardly in this, test yourself), so it may not longer needed in the
future, meanwhile it does not hurt somenone, since yet

But i agree feature need more real world examples and explains in some
wiki related to div mail clients in their different versions
guess this is on the road

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer