[Dovecot] Trouble implementing Antispam plug-in for Dovecot

Ben Johnson ben at indietorrent.org
Thu Sep 6 20:56:58 EEST 2012

On 9/6/2012 6:10 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2012-09-05 6:20 PM, Ben Johnson <ben at indietorrent.org> wrote:
>
>> My configuration is Dovecot (1.2.9) + Sieve + SpamAssassin on Ubuntu
> 10.04.
>
> 1.2.9 is really old... you really need to upgrade to a recent/stable
> version.

Thanks, Charles. I do see your point. One of the challenges we face in
this regard is that we're using a Long-Term-Support version of Ubuntu
(10.04) and 1.2.9 is the latest package in the OS's repository.

That said, we could upgrade manually, but this is a production server on
which downtime must be minimized, and we all know how unexpected issues
arise during installation (even when the procedure is tested in a
closely equivalent development environment).

>> I followed the Wiki article at http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Antispam
>
> That is for version 2.x (note the wiki2)...

Noted; thank you.

> I recommend going ahead and upgrading to the latest 2.1.9 and starting
> over.

Maybe I'll wait until we upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 to fiddle
with this further.

Thanks again,

-Ben