[Dovecot] Wrong quota calculation

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Sep 8 02:38:44 EEST 2012

Cibest ML wrote:
> We've a strange quota behavior on our dovecot servers.
> It seems that it's somehow doubling the real used storage (or could
> be something like twice the inbox size + size of other folders, hard
> to know for sure).
> It was initial setup with the maildir++ system. Now it's been
> configured with dict and mysql table but the result is the same.
>
> Dovecot version : 2.1.7 (from squeeze-backports). Maildir format is used
> As example, let's use mailbox at domain.com.
> If I check in the quota table, I'll find :
> - size : 697151354
> - number of files : 1510
>
> Now if I check the Maildir folder on the filesystem, I'll find :
> - size : 347960000
> - number of files : 824 (using find . -type f|grep -v dovecot|wc -l,
> not 100% accurate)
>
> Another mail box
> Reported by dovecot : 503446986    1081
> Filesystem                     : 248592000    598
>
> Does anyone has an idea of what could be possibly wrong. We've
> checked & double-checked everything and nothing seems to be wrong
> (no dsync used).

What happens after quota resync? Does the quota change?

What happens to the "doveadm quota get" output after LMTP/LDA delivery
of a mail with a fixed-size, let's say one mail with 1 MB?

How does your setup look like? Mailbox+Director Proxy or only Mailboxes?

What is your doveconf -n output of mailbox (and possibly director)?

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820