[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.x POP3 to Dovecot 2.x POP3 mbox to Maildir best transfer program/method

Tim E. silent_wumpus at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 00:49:12 EEST 2012

I have further read the Migration documentation and someone pointed out to me two good questions:

1 - If I use the modified mb2md.pl -U the program creates a dovecot-uidlist. Or if I can produce this list

is there a way I can make dovecot use this list when it creates the dovecot-index file sets the first time it accesses the mailbox?
Aka is there a command line option using dovecot or doveadm that creates the indexes based on the dovecot-uidlist that I can
script for each mailbox I transfer?

2 - How/where/when do I use "pop3_reuse_xuidl=yes" in the dovecot.conf file for the first time each mailbox is read? Does this option need
to be used after the first time (it is not set by default in my new server config).