[Dovecot] Expire plugin with multiple mail servers

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Sep 11 12:58:20 EEST 2012

Am 11.09.2012 11:41, schrieb Ramón Frontera:
> Hello we are running Dovecot 2.1.9 and I want to configure expire plugin.
> We have 2 proxies with director and 4 mail servers.
>
> I have configured expire plugin on a single mail server and it works Ok.
> I don't konw how to configure with 4 mail servers and 2 proxies.
> My first idea is create on each mailserver one sqlite database and configure the expire plugin on proxy, but I don't know if this is a good idea.
> I don't know if the database should be in one proxy, and I don't know which server has to do the "doveadm expunge" command
> Do you have any idea how is the best way to configure expire plugin on this scenario?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>   Ramon Frontera Gallardo
>   Universitat de les Illes Balears

i use one mysql setup for all servers
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire

and doing cron jobs on every server
i.e
doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d

fit the cron times and expunge times and folders to your needs
prepare for cron mail messages what got expunged

if you have lots off acounts there may be better ways
--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer