[Dovecot] Found bug on doing IMAP search with UTF8 chars

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 11 23:31:53 EEST 2012

On 11.9.2012, at 19.29, A.L.E.C wrote:

> On 09/11/2012 06:19 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> The error is that Roundcube doesn't send the string to Dovecot as UTF8 (or alternatively specify the correct charset). Even with the crashfix the search won't work.
>
> This is surprising. Can you provide more info about this issue?

No idea if that's a misconfiguration or what .. or maybe the web browser says it's sending UTF8 but isn't. Anyway, with v2.1.7 it crashes if you send:

a SEARCH subject "8bit non-utf8 text"

I tested a few other possibilities, but that was the only way I could make it crash. v2.1.8 fixes that crash. The only strange thing in the original bug report was the "dsr_sub_allocation" text: