[Dovecot] RFC 6154: German umlauts in special_use folder names

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Sep 13 09:34:36 EEST 2012

Am 13.09.2012 02:47, schrieb Daniel Parthey:
> Hi,
>
> the Drafts special folder is called "Entwürfe" in German locale.
> How should the special_use entry in the config file look like?
>
> Would you recommended to use the encoded folder name...
>
> mailbox "Entw&APw-rfe" {
>   special_use = \Drafts
> }
>
> ...or rather the utf-8 Encoding in the dovecot config file?
>
> mailbox "Entwürfe" {
>   special_use = \Drafts
> }
>
> Regards
> Daniel

which german client does mailbox "Entw&APw-rfe"
and is able to use special_use

i ve testet k9 mail 4.2 german, no need for translate
\Drafts is auto noticed then it does \Drafts ( Entwürfe ) in the gui, i
think this or equal should be the right way
for all clients

i ve done this for Archive ( to goal Tb Layout, which hasnt special_use
yet), but still untested, so try test something for like this for Drafts
too, but for now i dont know a client wich is ready and out for special
use with german language ( the new outlook will be, but its not out in
german yet , as my latest look on it, the beta is only in englisch or
spanish )

mailbox Archive {
    special_use = \Archive
    auto=no
 }
  mailbox "Archives" {
    special_use = \Archive
    auto=subscribe
  }

login telnet

. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
SPECIAL-USE SEARCH=FUZZY COMPRESS=DEFLATE QUOTA ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in

. LIST (SPECIAL-USE) "" "*"
* LIST (\Trash) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\Junk) "/" "Junk"
* LIST (\Sent) "/" "Sent"