[Dovecot] Can`t get over 1024 processes

Tomáš Randa tomas at blueboard.cz
Mon Sep 17 18:24:24 EEST 2012

On FreeBSD in standard behavior is basic user limit set by sysctl
kern.maxprocperuid, which is standard to 5547 and I increased it to
8192. When I run under UID 89 limit command or ulimit -u I get answer:

cputime      unlimited
filesize     unlimited
datasize     33554432 kbytes
stacksize    524288 kbytes
coredumpsize unlimited
memoryuse    unlimited
vmemoryuse   unlimited
descriptors  36864
memorylocked unlimited
maxproc      8192
sbsize       unlimited
swapsize     unlimited

Could It be some dovecot vs. freebsd related error? Or I "dont see"
anything? :)

Thanks for your time

Tomas R.