[Dovecot] Syntax for doveadm auth cache

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Sep 19 12:15:53 EEST 2012

El 18/09/12 18:31, Timo Sirainen escribió:

>>> Works in my tests.
>>>
>> 	Is this cache the same than the user information cache?
>
> Yes.
>
>> 	The parameter of the user I want to change is his quota, so I have modified quota value in my ldap diretory, then I run:
>>
>> doveadm auth cache flush <myuser>
>
> What is your doveconf -n output and the dovecot-ldap.conf contents? Is <myuser> with or without @domain? Also try this:
>
> doveadm auth cache flush foo # make sure it isn't there
> doveadm user foo
> doveadm auth cache flush foo
>
> Does the second flush return 1 or 0 entries? If 0, then there's a problem. If 1, then it really should have worked.
>
> You could try also if disabling userdb prefetch makes any difference. And if you still have multiple userdb try with only one.

	I have made the test in my test server (it has no real activity). In
this server, user entry is refreshed correctly. But the same test in my
production servers fails.

	I have checked (in the production one) that the second flush delete
entries (in fact, 2, not 1):

amateo_adm at myotis31:/etc/dovecot/conf.d$ sudo doveadm auth cache flush
angel.luis
2 cache entries flushed
amateo_adm at myotis31:/etc/dovecot/conf.d$ sudo doveadm user angel.luis
userdb: angel.luis
   home      : /home/alumnos/46/113246
   uid       : 113246
   gid       : 1001
   quota_rule: *:storage=400M
amateo_adm at myotis31:/etc/dovecot/conf.d$ sudo doveadm auth cache flush
angel.luis
2 cache entries flushed
amateo_adm at myotis31:/etc/dovecot/conf.d$ sudo doveadm user angel.luis
userdb: angel.luis
   home      : /home/alumnos/46/113246
   uid       : 113246
   gid       : 1001
   quota_rule: *:storage=400M

	but quota information is not reloaded from ldap server.

	I have also checked my ldap server, and dovecot is not performing any
search operation for the user after flushing him from the cache.

	I have attached my doveconf -n. In my ldap configuration I have:
user_attrs =
irisMailbox=mail,homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid,quota=quota_rule
pass_attrs =
irisMailbox=userdb_mail,userPassword=password,homeDirectory=userdb_home,uidNumber=userdb_uid,gidNumber=userdb_gid,quota=userdb_quota_rule

	and I have check that my test and production server has the same
configuration (but client_limit and number of processes).

	Any idea?