[Dovecot] noisy auth-worker messages in logs (dovecot 2.1.8 FreeBSD)

Philippe Chevalier chevalier at dspnet.fr
Mon Sep 24 21:41:57 EEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 05:04:40PM +0200, Philippe Chevalier wrote:

>I will apply the patch later today and will let you know the result.

I applied the patch, and obviously, when getpwnam_r sets the result to
NULL and returns EINVAL, dovecot do as if the entry was not found and
stays mute.

So, thank you, auth is now a lot less noisy.

As for the ldap message, it errors if there's no domain in the login.

In the doc, it says that %d is empty if there's no domain part. So I
guess it's an enhancement request : a configuration option to have it
filled out with a default domain if there's no one supplied by the
client.

Regards,

K.
--
Kyoko Otonashi's shrine / Le temple de Kyoko Otonashi
My tribute to Maison Ikkoku / Mon hommage a Maison Ikkoku