[Dovecot] with mbox format doveadm ignores subfolders of inbox

Jürgen Obermann Juergen.Obermann at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Thu Sep 27 15:56:07 EEST 2012

Am Do, 27 Sep 2012 schrieb Jost Krieger:

> On Thu 27 Sep 2012 01:41:15 PM GMT, Jürgen Obermann wrote:
>
>> After we switched the format from mbox to mdbox on our dovecot
>> (version 2.1.9) servers last week, some of our users were missing
>> the subfolders of their inboxes. So far we thought that with the
>> mbox format it is not possible to have mail folders containing both
>> messages and subfolders. Now we know that there is one exception
>> from this rule: the inbox. With mbox format dovecot supports
>> subfolders of the inbox, and a few of our users actually detected
>> and used this feature!
>
> Please see the thread
> "No status for INBOX/* in mbox NS (2.1.6)"
> there's a patch from Timo.

Thanks for the info. This patch seems to be in dovecot 2.1.10, we made
our format switch from mbox to mdbox with version 2.1.9. Obviously one
week too early ;-).

Greetings,
Jürgen
Hochschulrechenzentrum der | Mail: Juergen.Obermann at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Justus-Liebig-Universitaet | WWW:  http://www.uni-giessen.de/obermann/
Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44      | Tel:  0641-99-13054 (0641-99-13001)
D-35392 Giessen, Germany   | Fax:  0641-99-13009