[Dovecot] Syntax for doveadm auth cache

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Sep 3 14:16:35 EEST 2012

Hello,

	What is the correct syntax of doveadm auth cache command? According to
command line help:

   altmove      [-u <user>|-A] [-S <socket_path>] [-r] <search query>
   auth         cache

	but when I try to run doveadm auth cache, then I'm asked for a
password, so I think the command is trying to authenticate cache user.

	Moreover... according to previous mails (thread
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-June/066691.html) there is a
patch to remove a specific user entry from cache. This patch I think is
included in dovecot 2.1.9 (which I'm running) and the syntax is (I think):

doveadm auth cache flush <user>
4 cache entries flushed

	So I'm running this command. Whenever I run it, I get the message that
3 (sometimes, is 4) entries are removed, but user information isn't
really reloaded and I doubt it is really removed from cache (I have the
user in a passwd-file and information used by imap processes is still
the old one, no the new one, changed before the flush)

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática