[Dovecot] antispam_plugin prevents IMAP login (error 3) [Dovecot 2.0.19]

Ben Johnson ben at indietorrent.org
Thu Sep 13 20:25:18 EEST 2012

> On 17.08.2012 12:06, dof at projektfabrik.com wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> trying to get the Dovecot antispam_plugin to work and I must be doing
>> something wrong, because as soon as it is enabled with a certain
>> backend, imap logins do not work anymore (the session is immediately
>> closed after a successful login). Interestingly, pipe and spool2dir
>> are working (that is, the session won't be closed), dspam-exec and
>> crm114-exec are not. If this happens, mail_debug output is as
>> follows:
>>
>> [...]
>
> Hi again,
>
> how embarrassing. I should use the correct name for the backend type.
> :\ So everything works as expected, sorry for spamming the mailing list.
>

> Best regards,
> Florian

Florian,

I am having a very similar (or the same) issue. Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS with
Dovecot 2.0.19.

Do you mind sharing the details of your configuration, and what,
exactly, you changed with respect to the back-end to resolve the issue?

a.) Which back-end are you using?

b.) What are your "plugin {}" configuration directives?

I'm attempting to use mailtrain, per
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Antispam .

My configuration directives are:

plugin {
  antispam_backend = mailtrain
  antispam_mail_sendmail = /usr/bin/sa-learn-pipe.sh
  antispam_mail_spam = --spam
  antispam_mail_notspam = --ham
  antispam_spam_pattern_ignorecase = spam;junk
}

Thanks for any help!

-Ben