[Dovecot] Dovecot Authentication through different IMAP server?

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Wed Sep 26 00:34:55 EEST 2012

Just wondering - is there any way for a dovecot server to authenticate
against a different IMAP server?

Here's what I'm thinking. I run a spam filtering service and thinking
about a way to give users access to their stored spam on my servers.
However real email is forwarded to their server, So I'm wondering if I
can configure dovecot somehow to do a back end authentication to their
email account to gain access to their spam.

Open to suggestions