[Dovecot] sieve vacation

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Thu Sep 27 19:37:20 EEST 2012

Hello,

I set up pigeonhole on a server and am using roundcube's sieverules to
create a set of rules.  When using the vacation feature, I can see in
the logs that dovecot is sending the vacation response, but the
recipient never receives it.

What method does dovecot use to send the response?  Does it use the
sendmail binary, does it use the mail command, does it connect to some
smtp server somewhere, does it use qmail-inject if it finds it?  I find
no evidence it is using any of these methods on my server, but I am not
sure if one of these methods is failing or if there is some place else I
should be looking for the missing vacation response...

Thank you for any suggestions...

--
Computerisms
Bob Miller