[Dovecot] Sieve vacation issue - Dovecot + Postfix + LDA

Ivan Bogdanovic ivanb.dsol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:49:16 EEST 2013

Hi to all,

I have an issue with Dovecot Sieve on sending vacation message... Actually
Sieve is working and I can use all the filters but just vacation is causing
a problem and only in specific case...

I have Dovecot + Postfix + LDA running on Ubuntu 11 without MySql database
for users but I'm using virtusertable instead. The problem is when linux
user ( mail user ) is different from mail allias in virtusertable...
Example: ivan at domain.com > ivan1 ( from virtusertable ).

When alias and user are the same sieve vacation works just fine but when
it's not the sieve script collects the user(ivan1)@domain.com in from
instead ivan at domain.com and this is when mail log shows like "discarded
message because of implicitily no known envelope in message header etc...

Is there a way to adjust sieve to pickup the recipient address from mail
header or whatever and not to collect the user...?

I was trying to play with postfix master.cf using dovecot-lda switches -f
${sender} -a (or -d ) ${recipient} but without success...

Did anyone had this kind of problem? I would really appreciate some hints
on fixing this issue...

Thanks,
Ivan