[Dovecot] maildirsize problem

mastertoilet at netzero.net mastertoilet at netzero.net
Thu Apr 4 05:27:19 EEST 2013

i am currently using roundcube my webmail and configure using dovecot quota plugins.
but it seems to not be updating the maildirsize when new mails comes.Deleting the
maildirsize will recreate the files correctly.Is there any solutions to this problem with
dovecot.

Either you're not using dovecot-lda to deliver the mails, or you haven't configured quota
plugin correctly for it. dovecot -n output and logs about a mail delivery would help.

My configuration is using Centos 6.dovecot 2.1.1.and i have
configure the quota plugin.but i am not sure what you mean by dovecot-lda.i just follow
the guides on the internet and skim through dovecots documentation.i am using the local
unix account for mail account not using virtual users.here is my configuration:

[root at mail ~]# dovecot -n
# 2.1.1: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = " quota"
maildir_broken_filename_sizes = yes
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=1G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
}
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
}
ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocol imap {
  imap_id_log = *
  imap_idle_notify_interval = 2 mins
  mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota"
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota"
}

i am still not sure why maildirsize is not updating.thanks