[Dovecot] Problem with fts lucene, on solaris 10

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 8 00:45:46 EEST 2013

On 5.4.2013, at 22.59, Pigi <pigi at frumar.it> wrote:

> I'm planning to migrate my courier-imap imap server to dovecot, but I'm experiencing a strange issue
> with fts-lucene plugin.
>
> Basically, every time I start a search, the log starts to write:
>
> Apr 05 19:30:53 indexer: Error: Indexer worker disconnected, discarding 1 requests for XXXXXX
> Apr 05 19:30:53 indexer-worker(XXXXX): Fatal: master: service(indexer-worker): child 809 killed with signal 11 (core not dumped)
> Apr 05 19:30:53 imap(XXXXXX): Error: indexer failed to index mailbox INBOX
> Apr 05 19:30:56 indexer-worker(XXXXX): Error: lucene index /home/XXXXX/Maildir/lucene-indexes: IndexWriter() failed (#1): Lock obtain timed out
>
> When trussing the indexer-worker pid I can see it ends with:

If you can truss it, you can also gdb it, which is much more helpful:

gdb -p <pid of index-worker>
cont
<make it crash>
bt full

> 527:          siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x005B50BA
> 527:        Received signal #10, SIGBUS [default]
> 527:          siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x005B50BA

That says it's a SIGBUS, but the Dovecot log said it's a SIGSEGV. Wonder what's the difference, or maybe you're getting both. Anyway I'd guess this is a clucene bug related to CPU alignment with Sparc CPU. gdb would confirm and could help with fixing it.