[Dovecot] dovecot 2 variables

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 8 13:14:02 EEST 2013

You could put (%l=1.2.3.4) in the ldap filter. But I guess it still gets sent to the LDAP server. The best solution would be:

local 1.2.3.4 {
  userdb {
    ..
  }
}

But that doesn't work yet.

With v2.2 you can do multiple queries. So you could have one query to translate IP address to the domain, and then a second lookup to lookup the user at domain. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/Userdb -> subqueries.