[Dovecot] Received date on emails is wrong after file copying

maia at weiser.dk maia at weiser.dk
Tue Apr 9 14:59:02 EEST 2013

Hi,

I have installed a new mail server where I'm migrating from Courier to
Dovecot.
I have made a mistake when I was copying over the emails so the date/time
mark on them is updated. So all my mails are now from the copy date/time
and not the real receive time.

I have tried to copy the emails over again, so they get the right
date/time on the file level.

And when I look at a single email in details in SquirrelMail it has now
the right date/time, but when I look at the overview of a folder it still
have the copy date/time on them.

Is there any way to get the date/time in the overview updated, maybe
delete some index files or force it to re-index?

I'm not even sure that the problem is in Dovecot. But I'm sure You can
help me here.

Best Regards,

Kim Johansen