[Dovecot] How to exec /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap with specific maildir location

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 9 19:17:26 EEST 2013

Once upon a time I could configure my mailer to access my historical
archives by running something like

 ssh $mailserver MAIL=maildir:~/Maildir-archive dovecot --exec-mail imap

I need to run /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap manually now, and I've fixed
that a while ago for my normal email access. But I've just had cause to
that I don't know how to make it work any more.

When invoking /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap, is there an environment
variable or command line option which can set the mail location?

--
dwmw2