[Dovecot] How to see folders/subfolders/emails through imap

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Apr 9 23:07:01 EEST 2013

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:19:25 +0200
Steffen <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 16:50:40 +0200 (CEST) Steffen Kaiser
> > <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
>
> > I tried to tell dovecot that <spooldir> is
> > mail_location=maildir:<spooldir>:LAYOUT=fs
>
> Works for me, Dovecot v2.2RC3
>
> mail_location = maildir:/home/fs:LAYOUT=fs
> mkdir -p /home/fs/foo/{tmp,cur,new}
> mkdir -p /home/fs/foo/bar/{tmp,cur,new}
>
> telnet localhost 143
> 0 login nnn nnn
> 1 list "" "*"
> * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" foo
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" foo/bar
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" INBOX
> 1 OK List completed.

Ok, I solved it thanks to your striking example. The problem was: the clients
remembered something from earlier sessions where the dovecot config was
probably not correct. I removed the mailbox from the client and recreated it
and now I see the correct list of folders. Thanks a lot for this hint.

--
Regards,
Stephan