[Dovecot] Any simple way to block logins by IP address?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:45:55 EEST 2013

Steve Campbel writes:

> Does Dovecot have a facility to block pop3 and imap logins by IP
> address. I usually do this by putting the IPs in my border firewall, but
> it's in transition currently to a new one, and I'd like to end
> connection fairly fast.

You probably want to compile in tcp_wrapper support and handle it
that way

 	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LoginProcess

You might also hook into a the post-login script if you need some bizarre
logic to determine whether to allow a login or not, but this is later
in the session setup rather than block-on-sight like a firewall.

 	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>