[Dovecot] My old email is not stored

HylkeB hylke at movinsoftware.nl
Wed Apr 10 12:20:08 EEST 2013

Hi,

Im have not much experience with dovecot, postfix or debian, which i am
using for my email server.

But the thing is, everything worked just fine, until I found out that old
emails were missing, only emails of a few months old exist on my server. I
have no idea if this is a setting in dovecot, postfix or debian, or that
something weird happened.

But my question is, is there a setting in either dovecot, postfix or debian
that i should check that could cause this behaviour, and if so, how do i
check that? (opening and checking a conf file for example, or executing some
commands in PuTTy).

And if this is somehow default behaviour that cannot be changed, is there
some other way to store all emails ever entered my inbox?

Sincerely,

Hylke Bron