[Dovecot] My old email is not stored

HylkeB hylke at movinsoftware.nl
Wed Apr 10 15:22:51 EEST 2013

>normally POP3 is configured to delete received messages
>after some days/weeks and it is not smart to disable this
>becuase if you have your local mailarchive and get a new
>computer you will receive ALL your mails again

Well, receiving ALL mails again, might not be too handy, but 14 days is a
quite short time.
So can i change the pop3 settings so old emails are stored for e.g. 3 months
instead of 14 days?
And just curious, where can i disable the configuration that pop3 deletes
received messages?

>these are all questions that NOBODY can answer for you
>maybe the admin of your mailserver can, hopefully you are not

Well I am the admin for now, but when business gets more successful i might
hire someone who can set up the email server the right way; someone who
knows what he is doing. But for now, as long as everything works its good.