[Dovecot] Postfix/Dovecot/lmtp with virtual and local users

David Obando david at cryptix.de
Thu Apr 11 12:04:19 EEST 2013

Hi,

thanks for the answer.
Do I understand you right that currently it's not possible to manage
both system users and virtual users in a dovecot 2 and lmtp setup?

You were talking about "adding a generic passdb/userdb {
auth_username_format } setting". Are there any plans to do so?

What are your recommendations about migrating from dovecot 1.2.15 to
dovecot 2 regarding system and virtual users? Should I use LDA instead
of LMTP then?

Thank you very much,
David

--
The day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start making vacuum cleaners.
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1920BD87