[Dovecot] Proxying, pertinent values and features, SNI

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Apr 11 15:06:49 EEST 2013

On 04/04/2013 03:56, Christian Balzer wrote:

> 2. Despite the fact that it will be trivial for anybody to determine that
> OEM A is now hosted with us, a SAN SSL makes all the SANs visible in one
> go, something they probably don't want.

But someone smart enough to be able to look at a certificate, is
probably also smart enough to be able to go to
     http://robtex.com
and do some reverse IP tests on your IPs...

I think the difference is minor - even if you used a whole bunch of IPs,
one per customer, if they are near each other, then a few google
searches and some use of robtex will quickly show up your customer base

Cheers

Ed W