[Dovecot] Easy way to make all mailboxes of a user read-only

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Thu Apr 11 16:05:17 EEST 2013

Let me explain some more details, that seem important to understand:

I cannot use acl files per folder/mailbox because the MTA creates folders
dynamically (re-orders mails in folders). So I really would need some idea to
tell dovecot to let a certain user access his mailbox/folders read-only, no
matter how many.
A global acl _file_ would do that, or an acl-file that work for a whole tree
of folders.
A global acl directory does not help, because I would have to know the names
of every single folder/mailbox to create the correct acl-file in the global
directory.

--
Regards,
Stephan