[Dovecot] v2.2.0 - possible bug?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 15 17:09:20 EEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 06:43 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> On 4/15/2013 2:09 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On 15.4.2013, at 8.35, Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com> wrote:
> >
> >> When doing a server side message body search I got this in the logs:
> >>
> >> Apr 14 22:32:24 imap(support at junkemailfilter.com): Panic: file message-parser.c: line 698 (preparsed_parse_prologue_more): assertion failed: (ctx->part->children != NULL)
> > You can reproduce this? What if you delete that mailbox's dovecot.index.cache and search twice after that?
> >

> New update - tried it again and got the error in the logs:

There's one mail that causes this crash. Any chance you can find that
and send it to me? Would make fixing it a bit easier. For example you
can probably find it with:

doveadm exec imap -u support at junkemailfilter.com
a select inbox
b search 1:100 text foobar

And then move around in the 1:100 range until you find the mail. Then
you can get the mail (e.g. 123) with:

doveadm fetch -u support at junkemailfilter.com text mailbox inbox 123 > email.txt