[Dovecot] Dict quota question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 15 17:37:00 EEST 2013

On 13.4.2013, at 15.52, Antoine Nguyen <ngu.antoine at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Dovecot 2.1.16 and I'd like to know if the following
> configuration is supported:
>
> * An SQL dictionary quota
> * A static userdb to get uid/gid/home information
> * An SQL userdb to get per-user quota limit
>
> Currenlty, current quota usage are properly stored into the database but
> per-user limits are not found. If I replace the SQL dictionary by the
> maildir backend (my previous config.), it works as expected.
>
> Do you have any idea?

You can't have both static userdb and sql userdb. Create just one sql userdb, which returns something like:

select quota_rule, 123 uid, 123 as gid, '/home/%u' as home from quota_limits where username = '%u'

I don't really understand what sql dict vs maildir backend has to do with it. Both of them get the limits from the same quota_rule the same way (although with maildir if you don't return a quota_rule, it gets the limits from the maildirsize file, maybe you were seeing this).