[Dovecot] Maildirs location migration

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Apr 16 18:03:22 EEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 05:51:21PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> dsync in general resolves UID conflicts. If there's any chance that an IMAP client could have seen two different messages with the same UID, both of the messages get assigned new UIDs.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly :

let's say that :

1. in old, foobar as uid 100
2. initial dsync
3. user gets relocated, kicked and reconnects to new, then deletes foobar
4. final dsync. dsync somehow manages to understand it should not sync foobar from old to new
5. migration is over, new message foobaz comes in. Oh, I get it, you mean since
uids gets only incremented, this new could not get uid 100 and then confuse the
client index ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Groupe Exploitation et Infrastructure