[Dovecot] Delete_to_Trash plugin and quota problem

BINOTTO Luis SIDOR lbinotto at sidor.com
Tue Apr 16 20:32:35 EEST 2013

       Hello list... I am new at dovecot and I have a problem with it;
any help will be very grateful

        We have a exchange server with outlook at the client side, and
we are migrating the exchange server to postfix/dovecot(1.2.15)
solution.

I enabled the "deleted-to-trash" plugin (v0.3) to move the messages to
the Trash folder automatically when it is deleted. Also, I am using
quota and quota_imap plugins to maintain the quota for users. The quota
rule for Trash folder is unlimit.

        The problem is, when the client reach their maximum quota and
try to delete a mail in the inbox to release space. The delete to trash
plugin effectively copy it to the Trash folder, but the original mail
still remain (marked for delete) at the inbox folder and the quota does
not released.

                This is my Configuration:

Dovecot -n

# 1.2.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-686 i686 Debian 6.0.6

log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log

protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s

login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login

login_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login

login_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login

login_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3-login

mail_uid: 16343

mail_gid: 16343

mail_location: maildir:mailboxes/mail

mail_debug: yes

mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock

mail_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

mail_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

mail_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3

mail_plugins(default): autocreate deleted_to_trash quota imap_quota

mail_plugins(imap): autocreate deleted_to_trash quota imap_quota

mail_plugins(pop3): quota

mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap

mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap

mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3

imap_client_workarounds(default): delay-newmail outlook-idle
netscape-eoh

imap_client_workarounds(imap): delay-newmail outlook-idle netscape-eoh

imap_client_workarounds(pop3):

pop3_client_workarounds(default):

pop3_client_workarounds(imap):

pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh

lda:

  postmaster_address: sirbil at sidor.com

  mail_plugins: quota

  log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log

auth default:

  mechanisms: gssapi gss-spnego login ntlm

  username_format: %Ln

  use_winbind: yes

  passdb:

    driver: pam

  userdb:

   driver: ldap

    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

  socket:

    type: listen

    client:

      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth

      mode: 432

      user: postfix

      group: postfix

    master:

      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

      mode: 384

      user: vmail

plugin:

  autocreate: Trash

  autosubscribe: Trash

  deleted_to_trash_folder: Trash

  quota: maildir:User quota

  quota_rule: *:storage=100M

  quota_rule2: Trash:storage=1G

  quota_warning: storage=80%% /etc/dovecot/scripts/quota-warning.sh 80

  quota_warning2: storage=90%% /etc/dovecot/scripts/quota-warning.sh 90

  quota_warning3: storage=96%% /etc/dovecot/scripts/quota-exceeded.sh
100

  quota_exceeded_message: Ha exedido el tamano del buzon

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf:

                user_attrs =
postalCode=mail=maildir:/mailboxes/%$/,title=quota_rule=*:storage=%$M

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanking you in anticipation....

L. Binotto

" Notificacion Automatica:
Este mensaje y cualquier archivo que se adjunte contiene informacion privilegiada y confidencial. Es para uso exclusivo del destinatario. Si usted ha recibido esta comunicacion por error, por favor avisenos inmediatamente.
Automatic notification:
This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this e-mail by mistake , please advise the sender immediately"