[Dovecot] process_limit must be 1

FABIO FERRARI fabio.ferrari at unimore.it
Wed Apr 17 10:49:55 EEST 2013

Hello,

recently I have migrated a dovecot configuration from a Red Hat 5 to a
CentOS 6. Since the versions of dovecot are quite the same
(dovecot-2.0.1-1_118.el5 vs dovecot-2.0.9-5.el6.x86_64), I was thinking
that copying the configurations file from one server to the other was a
good thing, but instead, when I try to start the service, I have this bad
error:

Avvio di Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: service(anvil): process_limit must be 1

Does anyone know why I am getting this? Is there a change in
configurations between the 2 versions, is it a known issue or I have to
check something else?

thanks in advance

Fabio Ferrari