[Dovecot] IMAP monitoring

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:11:18 EEST 2013

> From: pvsuja <pvsuja at gmail.com>
>
> I want to get some statistics of dovecot IMAP server like the number of
> current IMAP connections, who is logged in to the Dovecot server,

 	doveadm who

> bandwidth usage.

You can sort of get that from the logs.  For example, from my logs

 	Apr 18 23:08:19 server dovecot: imap(user): Disconnected: Logged out in=9516 out=89038

telling you how many bytes tranferred in and out during the session.

> Is there any utility which does this sort of full monitoring?
> I tried doveadm who to get the details of logged in users.
> but its not returning any output even though i am logged in to the server.

"doveadm who" ought to work.  What does it return?

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>