[Dovecot] Multiple Logins on same accounts from different stations, RE-POSTING

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 19 11:17:02 EEST 2013

On 19.4.2013, at 8.39, HL <freemail.grharry at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Changes from PC (A) and vice-versa   like marks,deletes, or moves mails around will randomly get propagated to PC (B)
>>> Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.
>>> This never occured with previous version 1.2.xx
>> Do you mean that the 4 people are using 1 shared account, or do you mean 4 different user accounts are accessing a shared folder (via shared/public namespace)?
>>
> Yes 4 people are using all 4 shared accounts. ( No Shared or Public Namespaces for them )
> They all login from their client to these 4 accounts, with 4 distinct userNames and passwords.
> They prefer it this way.

That's still a bit confusing .. It's 4 shared accounts, because there are 4 different mailboxes, not because there are 4 people?

If there were different accounts accessing the same shared mailbox, I could see why it might sometimes not notice all the latest changes (because they'd be using different index files then and might miss changes in maildir - although even that shouldn't happen). But if the clients aren't seeing changes for the same shared account, then I can't really think of any good reason for your problem. All clients are notified of all changes when Dovecot sees them. There shouldn't be any change from how v1.2 worked.