[Dovecot] Sieve - BCC

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Apr 21 16:55:42 EEST 2013

Am 21.04.2013 15:38, schrieb Stephan Bosch:
>> if header :matches ["Envelope-to"] ["test at example.com"] {}
>> would make more sense
>
> Although the above will work, it does not mean that the approach Iliusha has chosen is wrong. Be sure you know the
> Sieve specification before you comment:
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5228#section-5.4

i comment not based on how things SHOULD be in theory
i GENERALLY comment with working examples how they ARE from the real world

> In fact, that is normally the cleanest method to access the actual message envelope. Depending on the setup, those
> envelope headers may or may not represent the correct information. They usually do, if they exist, but still.
>
> Also, why do you use ':matches' in your example? :)

because the "contains" from the OP has the same intention?

because it is from a well working sieve-script for subject-matching with
some hundret entries to protect postmaster-address from most spam while
go with the RFC that postmaster must not be spam-filtered at the MX

if header :matches ["Subject"] ["*please your woman*","*see sexy*"]{discard;}

goes well with the RFC as example and leaves me in peace at the same time :-)