[Dovecot] Lucene and Zlib with 2.2.1

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Thu Apr 25 19:55:52 EEST 2013

Hello,

I have an "archive" folder in my inbox, where I manually stick old
mails into a compressed mbox format. Since upgrading to Dovecot 2.2.1,
I've started seeing messages like the following in my log files:

   imap(...): Error: lucene: Failed to sync mailbox INBOX: Mailbox isn't selectable
   indexer-worker(...): Error: lucene: Failed to sync mailbox INBOX: Mailbox isn't selectable
   indexer-worker(...): Error: lucene: Failed to sync mailbox INBOX: Mailbox isn't selectable
   indexer-worker(...): Error: lucene: Failed to sync mailbox INBOX: Mailbox isn't selectable
   imap(...): Error: indexer failed to index mailbox INBOX/Archive/2007/Sent.gz

These errors *appear* to be mostly benign; I still get results from
searching the mailbox. But for whatever reason, the indexer appears to
not be working for those folders.

As you can probably tell, I'm using the fts_lucene plugin, which used
to work just fine (with Dovecot 2.1.x). Is this expected behavior? Are
these errors truly ignorable? Why are these compressed mailboxes not
selectable?

~Kyle
--
Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance
prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an