[Dovecot] dovecot-sql.conf - Unknown setting: driver

Jeff Lacki jeep at rahul.net
Sat Apr 27 20:54:55 EEST 2013

Im upgrading my dovecot from 2.1.14 to dovecot 2.2.1 on linux.

Im using the same configuration file against my MySQL db and getting
the following error:

doveconf -n
# 2.2.1: /opt/dovecot221/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /opt/dovecot221/etc/dovecot/conf.d/dovecot-sql.conf line 2: Unknown setting: driver

dovecot-sql.conf:

# The mysqld.sock socket may be in different locations in different systems
driver = mysql
# Use "host= ... pass=foo#bar" if your password has '#' character
connect = host=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock dbname=mydb user=username password=pass

password_query = SELECT userid AS username, domain, password \
  FROM users WHERE userid = '%n' AND domain = '%d'
  user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE userid = '%n' AND domain = '%d'

home=/opt/ii/%1n/%n/INBOX

# For using doveadm -A:
iterate_query = SELECT userid AS username, domain FROM users

That file worked fine in the last version.  Looking at the docs 'driver' is still
a valid setting.  Can someone help me figure out why its complaining?  Ive even

Im lost as to why this error is occuring unless the error itself is actually
another problem and the wrong error is popping up.  Been working on this
for a day and cant figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

/mf/home/jeep/shell/.signature