[Dovecot] many SSH connexions with dsynx/SSH replication

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon Apr 29 12:48:43 EEST 2013

Hi

I am trying replication over dsync/ssh, as explained there:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication

I added the options below to dovecot.conf. It works, but it
seems there is a new SSH connexion for each user, which is a bit
overkill performance-wise. Since I sync as root, I guess there
is a way of haing everything on the same SSH connexion?

--- cut here ---
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication
service replicator {
  process_min_avail = 1
}
dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -lroot %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
plugin {
  mail_replica = remote:root at mail1.example.net
}
service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    user = dovecot
  }
  unix_listener replication-notify {
    user = dovecot
  }
}
service replicator {
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0600
  }
}
service doveadm {
  inet_listener {
    port = 12345
    ssl = yes
  }
}
doveadm_port = 12345
ssl_client_ca_file = /etc/openssl/certs/ca.crt
doveadm_proxy_port = 0
--- cut here ---

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus