[Dovecot] Dovecot vs MBox

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Apr 30 18:04:25 EEST 2013

I'm still in the "what's wrong" stage of figuring out what's going on.

But I've got a mail user who isn't getting new messages.

Postfix accepts it and drops it in the users mbox. [This is verified.
If I tail the Mbox, I can see the new messages.]

"Mail" will see the messages too.

But dovecot doesn't seem to know they exist. I don't think the MBox is
corrupt, as I've tossed the first few messages in hopes that it would
then read the rest, but no luck.

Any ideas where to look next, what I might do to force dovecot to
forget message ID's etc - that might force it to read the whole
mailbox file again? [Or a pointer as to where it might be most
productive to poke next?]

TIA
-Greg
--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
503.251.0452 x121 Voice | 503.251.0452 Fax
mailto:gregs at sloop.net