[Dovecot] ./configure dovecot

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Aug 2 13:38:25 EEST 2013

When I do a ./configure in dovecot (2.2.1) I get this notice (first line):

configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target

Then, much later on:

checking sys/ucred.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/ucred.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to dovecot at dovecot.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/ucred.h... no

at the end I get:

configure: creating ./config.status

Install prefix . : /usr/local
File offsets ... : 64bit
I/O polling .... : kqueue
I/O notifys .... : kqueue
SSL ............ : yes (OpenSSL)
GSSAPI ......... : no
passdbs ........ : static passwd passwd-file pam checkpassword
                 : -shadow -bsdauth -sia -ldap -sql -vpopmail
userdbs ........ : static prefetch passwd passwd-file checkpassword nss
                 : -ldap -sql -vpopmail
SQL drivers .... :
                 : -pgsql -mysql -sqlite
Full text search : squat
                 : -lucene -solr

but there is no makefile created.

./configure --help just runs the configure script again, and none of --build --host or --target have any effect on the errors shown, including the first line error.

So I think, ok, fine, I'll grab the latest build (2.2.4).

Same result.

OK, fine. Let's look at 1.2.17.

Same thing, only without the cured.h warning. Still the same error on the first line after ./configure and still no make file.

There's no big flashing warning anywhere that I can see that says, "Hey, dummy, this isn't going to work."

config.log even ends with a "configure: exit 0"

(The system already has dovecot 1.2.17 installed, but I was looking at installing $LATEST).

--
May you live in interesting times