[Dovecot] HTTP passdb (was: feature request: IMAP passdb prefetch)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 2 18:44:21 EEST 2013

(Cc'd to dovecot list anyway since other people might be interested)

On 2.8.2013, at 18.34, Richard Platel <rplatel at tucows.com> wrote:

>> Uh. Why not simply something completely different like HTTP-based passdb?
>
> I can't find info for HTTP on the wiki, can we set that up as a success/fail passdb?  We do our own password auth (so we can support custom hash types, etc).

I've only a private version of a HTTP-based passdb implemented for a customer. I'm not sure if I should bother adding something to be distributed with Dovecot, since I guess most people would want to modify it in some way anyway. Here's a somewhat modified version of it that hopefully works (at least it compiles): http://dovecot.org/patches/2.2/passdb-openam.c