[Dovecot] ./configure dovecot

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Aug 3 20:14:22 EEST 2013

On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:19:36 -0600
LuKreme articulated:

> On 02 Aug 2013, at 23:50 , Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
> > If
> > you feel something is wrong with the version you have installed, and
> > you have not demonstrated that yet,
>
> From reading on how to setup dovecot with postfix there should be
> a /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ or /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/ folder with
> 10-auth.conf and 10-master.conf files. It appears to be missing.

I many be wrong; however, I believe that is only for 2.x versions of
Dovecot. You are on version 1.x I believe.

> > simply do a deinstall & reinstall of the port or use a port
> > management program to force a reinstall of the port.
>
> Yes, if I could do that I would have.

Something like: "portupgrade -Cfev mail/dovecot" should do it. You could
eliminate the "C" flag if you are sure everything is configured
correctly. I would insure that you have updated your ports list and
updated your other programs first thought.

--
Jerry ♔