[Dovecot] Postfix aliases with quota-status service

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Tue Aug 6 18:49:45 EEST 2013

* Ulrich Zehl <ulrich-dovecot at topfen.net> 2013.08.01 16:39:

> If you store your mailbox and alias information in the same data source
> (LDAP, SQL, ...), you should be able to do the same.

Thanks. I did address this using a restriction class which works fine for my scenario and allows selective quota checking.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
smtpd_restriction_classes =
 quota_users
quota_users =
 check_policy_service unix:private/quota-status

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 reject_unverified_recipient,
 check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/quota_users

/etc/postfix/quota_users:
someone at example.com         quota_users

Now the real problem along the road is the submitting server. If that server does not indicate the message size during handshake the pre-queue rejection simply can not work.

 MAIL FROM:<someone at example.com> SIZE=2924764

Google for instance is not doing this...

Thomas